Sat, 25 July 2015
The chances are over 90% that you are micronutrient insufficient. And the scariest part is that you most likely don't even know what micronutrients are and how to get the right ones. My guests today are certified micronutrients specialists and nutritionists Mira & Jayson Calton (returning guests from eps 33 and 34). In today's episode we specifically discuss their brand new book The Micronutrient Miracle, a game-changer if you are tired of the non-stop fighting about "the perfect diet."
If you just want straight, science-based information with easy to follow steps about how to approach your diet without worrying about sticking to a specific dogma (think "Paleo" or "Vegan") The Micronutrient Miracle is the place for you to start.
Our Show Sponsor:
Topics of Conversation:
- Mira and Jayson's quest across all seven continents searching for the common denominator in nutrition across cultures in over 135 countries
- The concept of being a "nutrivore," i.e. becoming micronutrient sufficient, and how to apply it to any healthy dietary philosophy
- The in-fighting between different dietary communities (e.g. Paleo vs Vegan) and how it's irrelevant if you choose the most nutrient-dense foods in that path
- Why micronutrient insufficiency is the most widespread and dangerous health condition of the 21st century (and more importantly...WHY YOU SHOULD BE TERRIFIED)
- Why being micronutrient sufficient isn't a free pass to eat whatever you want (and the science behind it)
- How The Micronutrient Miracle works and how to navigate it
- How you can determine whether or not you are micronutrient insufficient
- How each of the different micronutrient protocols can be used for specific health conditions (e.g. high blood pressure or anxiety)
- Zero Movement Training (ZMT) and how to get all the benefits of exercise without stripping your body of micronutrients
- The "Pantry Purge" and the bulletproof list of foods you should eliminate from your house if your goal is improving your overall health
- How to restock your house after the pantry purge
- The "Triple Threats," super simple recipes for nutrient dense protein drinks with tons of micronutrients and fats, and how to make them in less than 120 seconds
- How to make "Triple Threat" ice cream, cheesecake, etc and how they can give your body everything it needs (yes...dessert can be healthy)
- How to get $200 worth of FREE FOOD just for purchasing their book (for $11)
Our Latest Prize Giveaway:
We are giving away a Lifespan Treadmill Desk worth $1300, no purchase is necessary. It takes about 3 minutes to enter and entries will be gathered throughout the month of August. One random winner will be chosen September 1st. Good luck!
Sat, 25 July 2015
Welcome to Fitness In Post 2.0! I've been on hiatus for a while, but in the that time I have been working on the best ways to improve the program and serve you. I have made it my mission to become the voice of health & wellness in the post-production industry. Learn more about the new version of Fitness In Post and what will be changing in the coming weeks and months.
E-MAIL ME! I need to know your answer to the following question: "What is the greatest challenge you face trying to be healthy in the post-production industry?" Please send me an e-mail to email@example.com. The more I know about the challenges you face, the better I can serve you.
WIN! I let the cat out of the bag in this episode...starting August 3rd through the month of August I will be running a giveaway for a Lifespan Treadmill Desk worth $1300! Learn more at www.fitnessinpost.com/win.
If you would like to support the Fitness In Post program and keep it alive, please consider using the link www.fitnessinpost.com/amazon for all of your future Amazon purchases. It doesn't cost you a cent, but any purchases you make when visiting Amazon using this link mean that Amazon will donate 5% back to the Fitness In Post program. YOU PAY NOTHING. That's coming out of their pocket!!! Bookmark www.fitnessinpost.com/amazon and you're set for life.
Thanks for your continued support of Fitness In Post. I'm very excited about what's to come.
Founder, Fitness In Post